Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Tagged


Aiden, Isaac, Asher



I've been tagged.  Thanks Lynaea. It's true, there is no way my stubby little legs could have run fast enough away from you tagging me "IT".  And I  have to agree, being "IT" has all sorts of negative connotations.  And yet, I'm all sorts of excited to share, publicly, a quotient of who I am.  I think blogs and Facebook gave birth to Oscar Wilde's quotation... "One should always have something sensational to read on the train." ( The Importance of Being Ernest)  The only difference now is, instead of having a private journal to read on the train, we get to read everyone's private journals/thoughts/monologues everywhere and anywhere... it is quite sensational and satisfies a very human hunger, curiosity.... or is it connection?


love my boys


Five Things I’m Passionate About?  


1.  I am passionate about human relationships.  I am frequently working on being a better parent, wife, sister, daughter, person (key word is working, not arrived at and that's ok).  I believe, strongly, in the idea of good, better, best, never rest till good be better and better best.  It's a tricky balance, striving for better, and coming to terms with and loving yourself despite your 'worsts'.  I just love it, when other people love me despite my weaknesses... that's what makes a human relationship good.  Being loved and loving, despite and because of it all.  ( I think there's another Oscar Wilde quote for that).



Isaac wants to give a kiss and Aiden... well, let's just say  he has some trust issues



2.  Politics.  I'm passionate about maintaining freedom in our country.  I could say more, but it would be more than just a blog post, maybe even a blog dedicated to my beliefs.

I'm free!

3. Art and beauty... to me this encompasses all things that lift your spirit up and bring you joy.  Photography, Poetry, Dancing, anything well written, Painting, Music, quilting ( I don't but I appreciate others who do), sewing (once again, other people), a yummy loaf of homemade whole wheat bread (with honey and melted butter... butter's okay every once in a while, I'm pretty sure, and honey is in the Bible, so according to me its healthy qualities are irrefutable :) 


This tree is beautiful!

4.  BEING HEALTHY.  Of course, how could I not mention it on a blog about being healthy.  Actually, I would still... even if it was just because of where I am right now, this season of my life.  I love, love, love running and yoga (how can anyone not love yoga, I mean, I'm no long legged pretzel, but I sure do love the energy flow that yoga gives... it's spiritual in nature.)  When I had a swimming pool at my disposal I loved swimming, and when it was easy to get a group of people together to play ultimate Frisbee I loved ultimate Frisbee, just give me some endorphins please and I will love it.  But being healthy isn't just running and yoga/physical exercise.  It's going to counseling to help you heal from old wounds.  It's reading good books that help you to understand yourself, your husband, your children, and other people better. Being healthy, to me, is forgiving yourself and others... let it go (once again for me, it's a work in progress).  The healthiest thing you can do is know who you are, as a whole, and let that person be strong in it's own way, let that person be the best they can be.  And, I believe, the greatest definition of self, the one that helps us to love and understand ourselves and others better, is the divine definition of... I am a Child of God.  

run baby run

5.  My sister mentioned her relationship with God as something that she was passionate about.  I hate to say, me too! me too!.  But.  I will.  What she said resonates with me, 

"My relationship with God. It is tenuous sometimes. Since I can’t actually see or hear Him, and since life can be truly wanky and seem unjust, it is easy to doubt He exists (or is interested). But over the years, I’ve been consistently comforted and enabled by evidence of His love. Evidence that He’s present, invested, intimately—affectionately—aware."  Lynaea Brand  http://everydaybloom.com/tag/ 

I want to say, that's my journey too.  And, I know, that of everything that the world has to offer me, for comfort and strength, I have found nothing sweeter, more enabling, more pure, more powerful than the love of my Heavenly Father and Savior, Jesus Christ.  





Five Things I Want to do Before I Die? 

climb a mountain

 1.  Find a way to recreate the literary event the Bronte sisters did.  I believe my sisters (and brothers) have the ability to create a literary magnum opus... If I doubt in anyone, it's myself.  I lack the concentration... but I know I have the ability if I just focus.  It's not impossible or improbable. 


hero pose

 2.  Find a way to heal my husband from Chronic Fatigue.   

3.  Be able to reach two inches beyond my toes when I'm stretching (cool metaphor right? stretching beyond what you think you can do.)  

just barely there

this may be an exaggeration of how far I used to be able to reach, it may have actually been my knees


4.  Raise my children to know who they are (Children of God) and to know they are strong and capable


so, so sweet


5.  Make food that's gourmet, exotic, fun, new, exciting just like on the Food Channel... or the perfect moist chocolate cake... or the perfect enchiladas.  

Five Things I Say A Lot? 


1.  Well, that was exciting (usually after something falls from the freezer, or any other mistakes or mishaps). 

that was an exciting hike mom... why are you taking more pics?

 2.  Do you know where..... 

 3.  It isn't something I say per se... it's more not remembering a particular word so I will I play an impromptu game of Taboo to see if anyone else can guess the missing word... they slip out so easily. 

4.  It's a bunch of silliness really.  


sweet and silly

5.  Talk to me like I'm talking to you please, I can't understand you when you talk that way.  (That's my kids, I use it ALL the time, it may not prevent the initial tantrum, but it nips it in the bud, usually... I often repeat it until they are talking the way I am (as calm as possible))


My stubborn sweet boy



Five Favorite Movies?  


1.  I recently watched the Red Baron and was really impressed with it.  I haven't been able to convince anyone else to watch it though.  Sad. 





2. Everything Jane Austen and Jane Eyre, I'm sorry Charlotte Bronte... Weathering Heights is just really really dark... it's a masterpiece, but it's dark.   




3.  Lagaan, I LOVE this movie. 




just watch the dancing, and then watch the movie.  Awesome!

 4.  Shadowlands, well anything to do with J.R. Tolkien and C.S. Lewis (yes, that includes, The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, and any Narnian movies, no matter how poorly acted) 



5.  All of the Avenger movies + Spiderman.  I'm totally okay with our culture of Super Heroes.  Why? It's not the fantasy.  It's because we all want someone to save us, or have the power and ability to save ourselves and/or others.  We all seek after deliverance from the 'evils' of the world. 



 6.  I know there's more.  I, too, hate being an exclusionist.  Jackie Chan has some pretty cool movies.

 And The Power of One.



There could even be better than the ones I listed here, but my mind isn't remembering.  





















No comments:

Post a Comment