Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Giving Up?


I will be giving up the diet for a few weeks, maybe a month.  We have a little cherished soul coming to visit who is intensely allergic to milk, eggs, watermelon and just a little bit to soy.  To help alleviate any chance that she could be harmed, we are banning the foods she is allergic to out of the house.  My diet is not compatible with her allergies and I happily give it up to keep her safe.  I'm hoping I'll still lose weight and can find a way to be healthy, cutting eggs and milk (even cooked or a trace of it) out of your diet eliminates A LOT of food.  :)  I'm actually a little bit excited to see how this change in the food I eat makes me feel.

In fact, I started to give up the diet a few days ago, I was flirting with cheating too much and I thought... instead of waste the food why not just stop now... you're about to change the diet anyway... I'll find a way to do what I'm doing on my own. (by the way, I have not lost weight this week, but I have maintained... it is amazing how quickly the wrong carbs or even too many carbs can effect your weight).

Well, I tried it.  And this is what I found.  I like how the diet makes me feel.  And, I can't find any other products that duplicate what Medi-fast does.  It's like the perfect combination of fiber, carbs and protein.  Just eating the food, and you lose weight... I can't think of any other food that you can eat that does the same thing.  Eat the food, loose weight.  And you feel good.  You feel good physically and you feel good emotionally because you're working towards your goals and accomplishing them.  Dropping weight is so NOT easy, but with this diet, it's easier.  I miss the food, I miss how it tastes, I don't really like the sugary foods that I've given up... I'd rather have their protein brownie than a really brownie (well, okay, maybe the Creamery's Mint Brownie could still persuade me, but I know I wouldn't feel 'good' after I ate it, it would be a temporary feel 'good' moment).  The few days that I've dropped the diet, I've found myself wanting to move back in that direction.  I like, maybe even love, this diet and the food I'm eating.  I'm a little, happily, surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment