Monday, May 19, 2014

Making changes

As you all know I struggle with anxiety and depression and my husband, Josh, has Chronic Fatigue.  So, we are trying to mix things up again in another effort to be healthier.   My goal is to eat less processed foods, more fruits and vegetables, and less sugar... a lot less sugar (besides having a negative effect on my depression, it also hurts my stomach).  We need to change things up a bit because if you keep on doing what you've been doing, you keep getting the same results.  While sometimes that's comfortable because it's what you know, you have to decide if the results are what you really want.   IF they aren't then it's probably time to switch things up and even  sacrifice so that you can have something better.  I'll tell you what though.   It isn't easy.   These ideas have been in the works for a LONG time.   Ideas like... let's go to bed before 12 am sometime.... we're still working at it.   (I know, I know, you're probably thinking, of course he's tired all the time, because you never get good sleep... and while it's partly true, it's not the 'cure' to Chronic Fatigue). Habits can be hard to kick.  But, I'm not giving up the fight.   I can see how much better my life would be if we could just shift things, just a little, things would be better.   And I want better.  I'm willing to fight for it.

So, here are some websites I'm going to use to see if I can't help my husband to eat healthier.

Some of these recipes look delish!
http://www.momswhothink.com/healthy-recipes/healthy-recipes.html



This website, is more for what foods I can freeze well, so I can make it healthy and freeze it so Josh has an easy way to grab a lunch to take with him when he goes to school or work.
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2013/07/freezer-cooking/


This is just for knowing what I can freeze and what I can't.
http://www.favoritefreezerfoods.com/foods-that-can-freeze-well.html

I also have a recipe book for runners who are trying to lose weight and eat healthy.

I'll try to do better at sharing recipes and ideas as go along in my journey.

5 comments:

  1. I did not know that you deal with anxiety and depression. Tough stuff, especially combined with Josh's chronic fatigue. Good goals that you mention here! You can do it! Valid point, too, about habits being hard to break. As usual, I read your post and wonder why you don't live by me! Bre and I just baked up a slew of freezer meals together! Which, coincidentally, is helping my goal this month of no eating out. 21 days going strong! (I started one day before May and you better believe I am celebrating that one extra day, too!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forget that I can know reply to you and not my blog. My reply is below. :)

      Delete
  2. I would LOVE if it we could be closer! Just imagine all the trouble our kids could get in while we do our 'mom' thing. It would be delightful! AND congratulations, not eating out is SO difficult sometimes! It's most difficult for me when I've been out and about getting errands done and lunch or dinner time have slipped by, or almost slipped by... eating out just seems, almost logical.... go home and fix dinner/lunch with hungry, grumpy kids ooooorrrrr.... go out to eat, have someone else cook for you, quickly while your grumpy kids run rampant or whine in their car seats while you wait. I'm so proud of you! Congratulations.... and, I should probably stick that one in my list of goals... but if I"m making homemade meals, maybe it will come naturally. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excited to learn as you share, Andie. And I think it's wonderful that you're sharing in a way that kind of keeps you accountable.... less comfortable, for sure....but when was it ever comfortable on the road to achievement. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynaea! I love you and love reading your posts... and I'm doing my best to be accountable but... it's a struggle.

      Delete