Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Navigation

So much of life is about navigating the ups and downs, ins and outs of life.  There isn't much in life that is firm, most of it we have to adjust to, after all the planning we do... and if there is no planning, if we decide not to captain our own ship(be pro-active), then much of life's navigation is reactive.



That is what my weekend was.  Reactive navigation after not pro-actively planning.  But, despite all of that, I feel like I did fairly well keeping to the diet rules... I'm not going to say that I wasn't flexible, that I didn't color outside of the lines, because I did push the lines out a little bit... but at least I was still on the same page/chapter/book of the diet guidelines (within the realm).  It would have helped if I had actually brought my own piece of chicken, or even some of the food my diet plan provides (they are so easy to take everywhere with you, already packaged and ready to open and eat.)  but I decided rushing and getting there was more important than being prepared.  Life is full of all sorts of good lessons, isn't it?


It's really perverse of me to talk about dieting and then post a picture of chocolate cream pie.  Walk away from the sugar , walk away from the sugar, when it's staring you in the face.


But more important than navigating a weekend of potato salad, grilled hamburgers, chocolate cream pie, pork ribs and soft drinks I was able to celebrate with my family the importance of Fathers.  Here are some cool statistics that speak to how important fathers are.



http://www.fatherhood.org/media/consequences-of-father-absence-statistics

I'll share a few that they shared on their web.

Even after considering things like poverty, statistically speaking, without a father in the home (biological, step, or adopted I believe) children are more likely to be incarcerated.
Infant mortality, in fatherless relationship, is 1.8% higher.
Children without a father in the home are 4 times more likely to live in poverty.
Children without fathers in the home are more likely to struggle emotionally...

The list goes on.  The power and influence of a father should never be underestimated.


P.S.  I cheated by eating the pork ribs and a sugar free pudding.  So, yeah, I flubbed a bit, but I could have flubbed worser.  And I still lost 2lbs this week.  hurah. on target for this diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment