Sunday, September 29, 2013

Yoga Inferno





Listen!  They jingle!  All the way!


I got part of the costume I will be wearing in my 1/2 marathon.  It's a Halloween 1/2.  So excited.  I'll be a belly dancer.  Kind of.  At least, if it's warm enough.  If not I'll just be wearing a skirt with sparkles on it over my jogging pants.  My in laws suggested that I wear antlers too, and then I could be a belly dancing reindeer.  Everyone believes that the jingling sound might be obnoxious for 13 miles.  It reminds me of a time a friend and I bought some anklets with bells on them.  We loved them.  Everyone else did not.  It's possible the other runners will avoid me like a pariah during the race... maybe I should just get a tutu.  It's not original, but, it's silent.

what do belly dancers do again?  I've heard belly dancing is one of the best forms of exercise for your mind body connection... I think I just might have to try it.


AND THEN... I got Jillian's Yoga Inferno... and it hurt!... I can't wait until I can actually do the moves and not have to pause the video.  Everyone once in a while, I found myself silently cursing, wondering what she was doing and why the heck she was trying to kill me.

Isaac really wanted to be in the pictures with me

the boys did their own photo shoot later.  Here's Asher/Captain America


And here is Iron man or Isaac, he's pretty tough as evidenced by how easily he throws my yoga mat around

No comments:

Post a Comment