Thursday, May 22, 2014

Don't Spit in the Wind

This morning I actually woke up early (earlier, is more exact) and went running.  It was cold and the wind was still rushing out of the canyon as fast as it could, while I was running into the canyon as fast as I could.   The wind was faster, of course.   Running into the wind is like running with a C-Pap machine while having someone push you backwards....so, you get good oxygen, but man do you have to fight.   For some reason, running into the wind reminded me of this song...

"You don't tug on Superman's cape. You don't spit in the wind.  You don't pull the mask of the old Lone Ranger and you don't mess around with Jim!"


May I add, you don't run into the wind?  And may the wind always be at your back.  Such an excellent saying (Irish right?).  It was kinda fun though, having this song stuck in my head while I was running back home and I had the wind at my back.  Altogether it wasn't horrible, in fact it was a pleasant run.  I felt strong and healthy.  And I got to try out my new shoes.  Saucony Progrid.  My last pair was Saucony Kinvara.  I actually love both of them, they're light and airy but give the support that my legs and feet need.
And, no.  I'm not being paid to write it.

Also, I've been happy with my eating... there have been a few nights when ALL I've wanted was chocolate or a gooey warm cookie (chocolate chip) and I think I deserved it.... bed time is so full of drama it could be a soap opera.  I won't go into details but if someone doesn't cry at one point (usually brushing their teeth) and someone doesn't get out of bed multiple times or climb into bed with someone else and start sword fighting with their 'light sabers'.... well then it's a good night for me and a bunch of worn out boys too tired for resistance.   Any other night that does happen, is normal... and I deserve that cookie!  But, I resisted.  Yeah me!  I really wish yeah, was spelled yay... it makes more sense, but that's the English language for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment